PDP105 – Sustainability in Project Management
Projects integrating Sustainable Methods (PRiSM) Practitioner
PRiSM Practitioner opens the topic to the benefits that can be gained from adopting sustainability based project delivery approach while educating the attendees in the full processes and activities required to fully integrating the P5 framework into their own working practices and project delivery methodologies.
Participants to learn how weave sustainable methods into the fabric of their projects and expand their capabilities to stretch beyond scope and deliverables to impact the five bottom lines that define the health of the organization as a whole.
The aim of PRiSM Practitioner is to train, educate, and develop individuals in project management and sustainability to improve the management and delivery of all types of projects within the set performance, time, cost and integration criteria throughout their own organization and to show how these changes can best be integrated into business as usual and become the normal embedded practices for the organization.
This course teaches best-practices for managing projects and leverages the new ISO 21500 (Guidance for Project Management) using straight forward explanations and techniques that appeal to all levels of experience. Participants are usually:
- Project Management Standards based on ISO 21500 Guidance for Project Management.
- Sustainability and Project Process Integration.
- The PRiSM™ Methodology.
- How to measure and report on your projects using the GPM P5 Standard (Social, Economic, & Environmental Sustainability, Project Process, and Products as measurable bottom lines and Performance Indicators.)
- Sustainability Management Planning (SMP), Risk and Opportunity.
- The UN Global Compact’s Ten Principles and GRI Reporting
- ISO Standards from a project management perspective including:
- ISO 21500 Guidance on Project Management
- ISO 50001 The Energy Management Standard
- ISO 14001 The Environmental Management Standard
- ISO 9001 Principles of Quality Management
- ISO 26000 Guidance on Social Responsibility
This module will be of 4-days duration.
The target audience for this course is business leaders, project, program, and portfolio managers, business analysts, sustainability coordinators, CSR professionals, HR managers, and environmental managers…
It is expected that attendees will have a basic understanding of and some experience with project management and/or sustainability management through their roles at work or through study.
PRiSM Practitioner is designed to ensure that upon successful completion that attendees understand the tools and techniques of project and sustainability management and can implement them immediately in the workplace to improve project efficiencies and sustainability methods to align with organizational strategic goals and policies. It is meant to supply methodology to what is currently in the IPMA ICB 3.0 Health, Security, Safety & Environment Competency with the emphasis on Environment as referenced below
“Protection of the environment is increasingly important, with issues such as global warming, pollution, depletion of natural resources, energy efficiency and energy conservation in the headlines on a daily basis. These factors need to be taken into account in all the project phases, in the use of the product and in its decommissioning and disposal.”
“In designing the product and its manufacturing processes, the team needs to consider what materials will be used, how much energy is required to produce the item, how much CO2 or other greenhouse gases will be emitted, whether there are waste material disposal issues, and whether materials can be recycled, are biodegradable, or will cause pollution at the end of the product’s life. In using the product, its environmental impact should be minimized in terms of energy efficiency, emissions, and waste disposal. Internal and independent external auditing processes should operate within the organization covering all issues related to health, security, safety and the environment.”
- Sustainability and Project Management
- Pre Project Phase
- Stakeholder Management and Organization Roles
- EnVex Briefing
- Short EnvEx Practical
- Wrap Up/Review
- Planning Phase and Quality Management
- Team Skills
- Scope Management, the PMP & SMP
- Estimating and Scheduling
- EnvEx 1 Practical
- Wrap Up/Review
- Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Delivery and Control Phase and Project Controls Overview
- Conflict Management and Negotiation
- Change Control and Configuration Management
- EnvEx 2 Practical
- Wrap Up/Review
- Information Management and Communication
- Issues Management and the Project Office
- Sustainability integration with Procurement and Cost Management
- Closure Phase and Reviews
- EnvEx 3 and 4 Practical
- Course Wrap Up
- GPM-b Exam