Learning the fundamentals of project management is key to laying down a foundation for all people who participate in project management. In our work we all get involved in Projects, whether it be a formal or informal one. Learning what the terminology, process, how you interact with others, inherent goals in projects and methodologies will help you be a good team member or even run small projects for yourself.
PSI solutions outlines the following courses as part of Fundamental learnings for Project Management:
- PSIF01 – Project Management Fundamentals
- LDP157 – Soft Skills for Projects 2 day Training
- PDP113 – Introducing AGILE PM
- Requirements, Scope and Project Start up (to be issued later)
Clicking on the above will give you links to course descriptions, the calendar and how to register for each of these.
The primary course to attend is as follows:
PSIF01-PM-Fundamental Project Management Fundamentals
This 1-day course provides overview of how project management fundamental is applied to successfully
managing a project that requires effective planning and adherence to the industry’s best practices in every
step of the process. By understanding the fundamentals of project management, you will be better
prepared to initiate a project in your organization and position it for success. In this course, you will identify
effective project management practices and their related processes.
You will examine the elements of sound project management and apply the generally recognized practices
to successfully manage projects.
Who should attend
This course is designed for individuals whose primary job is not project management, but who manage
projects on an informal basis. Also, anyone who is considering a career path in project management and
desiring a complete overview of the field and its generally accepted practices can take up this course.
No Prerequisites but Some on-the-job experience in participating in managed projects
would be preferable.
What you will learn
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the key processes and requirements of project management.
- initiate a project.
- plan for time and cost.
- plan for project risks, communication, and change control.
- manage a project.
- execute the project closeout phase.
- Module 1: Getting Started with Project Management
- Module 2: Initiating a Project
- Module 3: Planning for Time and Cost
- Module 4: Planning for Project Risks, Communication, and Change Control
- Module 5: Managing a Project
- Module 6: Executing the Project Closeout Phase