PSIF01-Project Management Fundamentals
This course provides overview of how project management fundamental is applied to successfully
managing a project that requires effective planning and adherence to the industry’s best practices in every
step of the process. By understanding the fundamentals of project management, you will be better
prepared to initiate a project in your organization and position it for success. In this course, you will identify
effective project management practices and their related processes.
You will examine the elements of sound project management and apply the generally recognized practices
to successfully manage projects.
Who should attend
This course is designed for individuals whose primary job is not project management, but who manage
projects on an informal basis. Also, anyone who is considering a career path in project management and
desiring a complete overview of the field and its generally accepted practices can take up this course.
No Prerequisites but Some on-the-job experience in participating in managed projects
would be preferable.
What you will learn
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the key processes and requirements of project management.
- initiate a project.
- plan for time and cost.
- plan for project risks, communication, and change control.
- manage a project.
- execute the project closeout phase.
- Module 1: Getting Started with Project Management
- Module 2: Initiating a Project
- Module 3: Planning for Time and Cost
- Module 4: Planning for Project Risks, Communication, and Change Control
- Module 5: Managing a Project
- Module 6: Executing the Project Closeout Phase