PSIF02 – Introduction to Project Portfolio Management
Your ability to become a Project Portfolio Management (PPM) practitioner to demonstrate best practices in project management on the job is becoming the standard to compete in today’s fast-paced and highly technical workplace. In this course, you will understand PPM.
You will familiarize yourself with the basic concepts of Project Portfolio Management (PPM).
Course length: 1 day(s)
Managers interested in enhancing their understanding of Project Portfolio Management or developing Project Portfolio Management skills relating to business requirements.
A good understanding on project management.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- recognize the fundamentals of Project Portfolio Management (PPM).
- identify the processes involved in portfolio management.
- manage project portfolios.
- identify PPM techniques and best practices.
- identify the factors involved in implementing a PMO in an organization.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Project Portfolio Management
- Topic 1A: Define Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
- Topic 1B: Describe Portfolio Management’s Relation within the Organization
- Topic 1C: Identify the Need for Portfolio Management
Lesson 2: Identifying Portfolio Management Processes
- Topic 2A: Describe Portfolio Management Processes
- Topic 2B: Define Portfolio Management Process Groups
Lesson 3: Managing Project Portfolios
- Topic 3A: Examine the Selection of Projects
- Topic 3B: Maintain the Portfolio
- Topic 3C: Execute the Project Portfolio Management Process
- Topic 3D: Identify Tools for Project Portfolio Management
- Topic 3E: Implement Project Portfolio Management
Lesson 4: Examining PPM Techniques and Best Practices
- Topic 4A: Identify PPM Techniques
- Topic 4B: Outline the Effective Practices for PPM
Lesson 5: Implementing a PMO
- Topic 5A: Define the Relationship between PPM and PMO
- Topic 5B: Establish the Need to Implement a PMO